As the official Ansible partner in Switzerland, we’re happy to announce our Ansible Training.
The training is held in swiss-german and german.
However don’t hesitate to ping us, if you’re looking for an english speaking teacher.
This training is a workshop and all participants should at least know Linux basics and how to work on a shell. Please note you won’t get a lot of training material like in a classic course, but you’ll build your own git repository with all the workshop topics.
For off-premises workshops the whole infrastructure is provided, client PCs included. Though feel free to bring your own device – Linux, Mac OS X and Windows clients are welcome.
Together with our partner OpenEduction we provide off-premises trainings in the heart of Zurich, Switzerland.
The costs for 3 days are CHF 2700 / participant and the training is limited to 6 participants.
Please contact us if you’re interested in trainings on your premises.
We’re happy to send you an offer.
Day 1: Basics and Introduction
On Day 1 we want to introduce you to all the required technologies you’ll see when you manage your environment with Ansible. It starts with all the basics, so no rocket science here.
- Introduction into git
- What is git?
- Setup a git repository for the training.
- Dig into git and play around.
- Introduction into Ansible
- What is Ansible?
- Where to start with Ansible?
- Setup Ansible Core.
- Configure Ansible
- Configure Ansible Core.
- Configure a static inventory.
- Ansible Commands
- Run Ansible ad-hoc commands.
- Read the documentation.
- Roles and playbooks
- YAML is your friend.
- Create the first role.
- Create and run the first playbook.
- Variable definitions and their scope.
- Prompting for variables.
- Introduction into Jinja 2.
- Benefits of templates.
- Project Role Dependencies.
- Ansible Galaxy.
- Download / installation of additional roles.
Day 2: Ansible in an enterprise environment
On day 2 we’ll show you how to setup your Ansible environment for an enterprise environment, and what you’ve to keep in mind for a successful implementation. We’ll do that by deploying a simple multitier application into different environments.
- Host groups.
- Naming of host groups and structure of the inventory.
- Dynamic inventory sources.
- Multitier architecture
- Setting variables for tiers.
- Add new servers for scale out.
- Multiple environments
- Pushing applications from test to production.
- Settings variables for environments.
- Using separate inventories.
- Lifecycle of an application
- Updating applications.
- Rolling updates.
- Rollbacks of application releases.
Day 3: Challenges in enterprise environments
Day 3 is about challenges in enterprise environments. While Ansible is a really simple tool, the requirements and processes of enterprise environments can be challenging sometimes.
IMPORTANT: We can’t deep dive into each topic, so we’ll focus more on the topics you’re interested in that day.
- Where do I find the documentation for Ansible?
- Where can I find additional informations and other Ansible users?
- Are there official support plans available for Ansible?
- Introduce Ansible in your company
- To whom should I talk to when I want introduce Ansible?
- How do I sell Ansible to my colleagues?
- Best practices
- Introduction into the best practices of Ansible.
- Important things you should keep in mind when you start working with Ansible.
- Securing Ansible Core
- Communication with managed machines.
- Storing of sensitive data.
- Deploying SSH keys
- Deploying SSH keys via Ansible.
- Deploying SSH keys via package manager (e.g. yum/rpm, apt/dpkg).
- Deploying SSH keys via RedHat Satellite.
- Source Control Management
- When should I choose git over svn/cvs?
- Are the private hosted alternatives to github?
- How do I implement my administrative IT processes into git?
- Ansible modules and plugins
- What’s the difference between an Ansible module and a plugin?
- Where can I find new modules and plugins?
- How do I write modules and plugins?
- Ansible Tower
- Introduction into the Ansible Tower.
- Demonstration of the Portal mode and surveys.
- Ansible Release
- How should we update Ansible
- Ansible + Docker
- Introduction into Ansible + Docker.